Sunday, August 19, 2012

Singing Parrot

WHAT: Cover of Bon Iver's Flume

BY WHO: Me! HAH!


Being the talented musician that I am (HAHAHAHA) I decided to do some recording. Thank you very much to my super cool ipod nano! But this is just an audio since I am not quite ready for the world to see how much of an idiot I look like when I sing. Goofy gorilla. Enough said.


Anyway here's Bon Iver doing his thing. I am well aware that this sloppy record of mine will NEVER in a million years live up to this. But who says I'm trying to?






WHY THIS SONG:  You know that feeling you get when you're on youtube on a very random day, you scan through very random videos, juggling through very random artists and then BAM! You come across Bon Iver and suddenly it's not so random anymore! 

Blood Bank was the first song of him that I heard. And then Flume. I am, to say the least, in love with these two. Who I am kidding, i love every Bon freaking Iver song! 

That was a year ago. I cannot quite fathom the words to describe the feeling I got, but it lies in the fine line between having your soul sucked down to the deepest of the deep, and having it shot up to the farthest and highest stretch of the universe. I'm blabbering, I know. But it's really a crazy feeling, getting to hear songs like this. It's the kind that makes you wanna sob in sadness; the kind that makes you feel actual throbbing in your heart; the kind that brings you inside the artist's body, as though you are going through the same, exact thing as he is; the kind that through and despite the pain, leaves you on a trance - ALL AT ONCE. AMAZING is what it is!

And so I found myself obsessing over this Bon Iver guy and voila! Me = doing a cover.


Disclaimer: I never said this was good. You have been warned.




No comments:

Post a Comment