Thursday, August 30, 2012

Reader Discretion is Advised

People and the internet. Two things I love to hate.

The amount of amusement I get from my daily dose of good ol' internet lovin' is generally surpassed by how annoyed I could be through the exact same thing. I mean, people can be sooooo annoying! It takes me a huge amount of courage and self worth to post a picture of myself on Facebook. I always take the time to think about how people would react upon seeing it. I wonder if it would be unpleasant for them to scan through that. I wonder if they would find my face yucky. Or the gesture itself as yucky. I mean, who has the patience for im-such-an-attention-seeker photos (and statuses)? I wonder about these things. Some people do not. And that is what bewilders, more so bothers me the most. Where and how do they get the guts? 

I'm all for using the internet as some sort of an outlet for all our emotional crap. It's free, it's accessible. It's like screaming your shit to the open air. But people! Be mindful that others come across what we "share". I am well aware that the first rule to all these is that we are to follow at our own risk. Followers and friends should know what they're getting themselves into. But please. I beg of you to think over what you are about to post. Think it over hard. 

1. Do you take the effort to open your laptop, type in your password, connect to the internet, wait for it to load, only to be burdened by other people? Well neither do I!!

2. If in any case you are to post rants, curses, or to throw mad hate to the world, please make sure that it is still intelligently put as to induce ample amount of amusement to your followers. You vent, we laugh. Win-win.

3. Magtagalog kung hindi sigurado sa grammar. My eyes hurt so much all I can read are the words "trying" and "hard".

4. Again, I have nothing against random, irrelevant posts. I love random as much as I love irrelevant! Great ideas spring from these two. But do you really have the need to announce to the whole virtual world that you are so full of yourself? Silly, your timeline already gave that away.

5. Think about what people would think of you. It all boils down to that. If you are a fearless bastard who does not give a care how you're going to be judged, then post as you please! You deserve a virtual thumbs up for that. But if you are here to feed your starving ego by shoving it to our faces and endlessly seek for approval, just STOP.


Then again, who I am to set the rules in this immense new realm? For all I care, I am just another loser who spends time writing stuff that nobody reads. These are all just reactions. And suggestions, maybe :p 

We have all sorts of reasons why we go to the internet. Some of which I may never come to understand. Yes, most I despise but at the end of the day, all these are backed up by personal agendas. I am beyond sure that my posts here may seem just as irritating to some as they are to me. I get it, I don't mind. That's what block, unfriend, and unfollow buttons are for. I guess all I'm saying is I wish people would take the time to consider how it would all look like in a different perspective, aside from their own. See unlike diaries, internet has readers. Like billions of them.


REBEL YELL

No comments:

Post a Comment